Volunteer With Us!
Did you know that volunteering can help you feel happier? Several studies show that the more people volunteer for a cause that is important to them, the happier they tend to be. Why?
It connects you to others in your community
It’s good for your body and mind
It can advance your career
It can bring a sense of meaning, fun, and fulfillment to your life
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to be a Hospice Volunteer, please download and complete the Hospice Volunteer Application. You may mail, email, or deliver the application to our office. Please send it to the attention of Lisa Clark, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, 414 South Jefferson St., Napa, CA 94559, or email: email@example.com.
If you want to volunteer in a program other than Hospice, or of you are unsure and would like to explore different options, please download and complete the Community Volunteer Application. You may mail, email, or deliver the application to our office. Please send it to the attention of Anne House, Volunteer Services Manager, 414 South Jefferson St., Napa, CA 94559, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"*" indicates required fields
- Patient Care Volunteer – Provide care in patient’s home or place of residence. Could be friendly visits, respite for caregiver, transportation or errands.
- Spiritual Presence Volunteer – Provide spiritual care in patient’s home or place of residence. May include prayer, reading and/or vigil.
- Bereavement Volunteer – Provide bereavement support to survivor including listening, helping with arrangements or transportation. Provide support to Bereavement Program Coordinator for grief support groups/classes.
- Bereavement Calls Volunteer – Make bereavement calls to low risk survivors at specified intervals; document calls.
- Alternative Therapies – Provide alternative therapies to patients including Reiki and Gentle Touch.
- Animal Assisted (Pet) Therapy
- Virtual Reality
We are seeking volunteers who really get a Person-Centered approach to Quality of Life, Purpose and Meaning.
- Therapeutic Activities Volunteer – From one-on-one chats to dealing cards and playing board games, the activity volunteer helps co-facilitate games, arts & crafts, and memory workout team puzzles.
- Horticultural Therapy Volunteer – Like to play in the dirt? HT or gardening volunteers assist in helping participants in planting small pots to large garden beds. You don’t even need a green thumb to help! You will assist our staff therapist in one-on-one plantings and helping maintain our beautiful robust garden.
- Morning Greeter – Help start the participants’ day right by greeting them as they come into the program and settling them in with their peers. A very important aspect of the volunteer greeter is to help participants with their name badges and help them feel welcomed.
- Kitchen Volunteer – This is an opportunity to assist staff in lunch clean-up and washing dishes.
- Organizational assistant – Do you like to keep things in their place and have a place for everything? At the end of a busy day our center needs tidying up. This would include straightening magazine on shelves, replenishing supplies, and preparing the activities tables for the next day. Cleaning iPads, headphones and keeping activity supplies organized.
- Administrative Volunteer – Assist with data entry, word processing,
- Music and Memory Interviewer – Interview participants to help get their favorite songs to put into a personalized playlist for use in the Program.
The Adult Day Healthcare Program is not just a place. It embodies a cutting-edge philosophy in approaches to person centered care. Learn about music and memory, time slips and total brain health to name a few therapies that work to improve the quality of life of our participants. Program hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Education Events Volunteer – Assist with registration at even
- Clerical Volunteer – Work with various areas including copying, collating, phone calls, data entry and filing.
- Development Support – Periodic data entry, filing, addressing and stuffing envelopes, craft projects, picking up donations, helping with social media, and website development.
- Retail Shop Volunteer – Assist with retail tasks including displaying merchandise, cleaning, pricing, assisting customers, answering questions and using the cash register.
- Annual Gala Volunteer – Assistance needed prior to the event, as well as on the day of the event.
- Light Up a Life Volunteer – Assist with event preparations; hang Christmas lights, help hang stars in display, remove stars at the end of season.
Our volunteers are required to provide proof of identification and complete a background check, LiveScan finger-printing, yearly TB skin tests and other medical requirements. In addition, volunteers must satisfy mandatory requirements for insurance, complete yearly in-services and ongoing trainings, and be determined to be a good fit with our organization.