There are many ways to volunteer your time and talent with Collabria Care – Collabria Hospice programs. We have volunteers who offer their massage skills to the seriously ill. Others are involved in therapeutic programs in our Day Program, such as art and horticultural therapies. We have community volunteers who work events maybe once or twice a year. We also have teen volunteers who have been instrumental in managing our Music & Memory program for those with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia.
It is not unusual to hear from volunteers that the experience has changed their lives. Recently, a volunteer said “ I felt honored to be a part of my patient’s process as she was transitioning out of this life. Confined to her bed the patient was confused and frightened about what was happening to her. The nurse and social worker and I brought comfort to her through soothing words, soft music and gentle touch. In the end, she died peacefully and comfortably. Being a part of such a remarkable experience has changed my life.” Perhaps it would change your too!
Volunteers are at the heart of our organization and are crucial to our mission of providing exceptional health care, expert resources, and compassionate support to the most seriously ill among us. Last year, volunteers contributed 12,568 hours of service in all areas of our operations, which is a donation equivalent to over $331,000. We are deeply grateful for all of our volunteers for their time.
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
Collabria Hospice – Collabria Care Palliative Services
- Provide companionship to patients
- Provide respite for patient’s caregivers
- Run errands and/or drive patients to appointments
- Make calls to bereaved families
- Provide gentle massage or Reiki
Collabria Day Program
- Assist with art, music and horticultural therapies
- Lead current events discussions
- Assist with board and card games
- One-on-one participant interactions
- Front desk reception
- Development and fundraising support
- General office assistance